If you have any questions concerning these procedures and deadlines, contact us at email@example.com or call (352) 392-1335.
Updated for FY2018 – End of Year Procurement Deadlines for Campus
For more information about year end processes, please refer to the Year End Memo for Procurement from Finance and Accounting.
Wednesday, June 20, 2018, 5:00 PM: Deadline for submitting myUF Market requisitions and change orders on current FY appropriated funds [Fund codes 101-109, 191, 196, 221 and 222]. Procurement will process, approve or return all appropriated fund change orders and requisitions by Friday, June 22.
Wednesday, June 20, 2018 , 5:00 PM: Last day to approve PCard Transactions to ensure payment from current FY funds.
Saturday, June 23, 2018 – The PO Rollover process will run on June 23, 2018. The process is targeted to be complete by July 1, 2018.
Revised 6/14/2018 at 9:45 AM
Purchase Orders on APPROP and STUGOV ledger groups will be relieved from the 2018 budgets over the weekend in the first step of carrying these purchase orders into fiscal year 2019. On the Budget Details screen this results in the appearance of having no funds encumbered. However, the purchase orders will actually be in an intermediate step in the rollover process.
PO Rollover Process
The relief of prior year encumbrances in order to re-establish carry forward encumbrances is a normal and anticipated process of PO Rollover and is not cause for concern. No action is required on the part of departmental fiscal staff.
Once the 2019 budget is established and becomes available, encumbrances will show on the Budget Details screen in the new budget period and reference. Purchase order numbers and PO line numbers will not change and will be available on carry forward budget when vouchering returns to campus. New distribution lines will be created on POs that ended with a valid budget on the funds identified in the year end memo. These new distributions will indicate the CRNNT or CYFWD balance as appropriate by fund.
PO ROLLOVER QUICK FACTS
- POs are always visible under Procurement > Purchase Orders > Review PO Information > Purchase Orders.
- No action is required on the part of departments to carryforward POs from last year.
- No requisitions may be submitted on appropriated funds until July 5th (Funds 101-113, 191, 192, 196, 221 & 222.) Please save any requisitions as draft carts for placing orders on these funds until the FY2019 budget is available. (Target is July 8, 2018)
- If you have questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 392-1335.
- Amount only purchase orders for goods should include a description of the items that will be bought, have the date range the PO is effective (usually the fiscal year period) and authorized users in the description. For a quick refresher about amount-only requisitions, please see https://procurement.ufl.edu/uf-departments/frequently-asked-questions/.
- Requisitions for goods and services should have a specific description describing the purchase to the vendor. Remember that the requisition title is for you but the description is for the vendor so it should include everything they need to fill your order. Goods requisitions should include the make and model number for goods. Service descriptions should include the rate of service, the beginning and end dates of the service, and specific deliverables.
- Remember the importance of distributing by amount or quantity – this impacts the vouchering process. If you don’t remember, consider attending the Introduction to Procurement training online or in the classroom again to get the most up to date information about creating requisitions in My UF Market. To find available sessions, navigate to My Self Service > Training and Development in the portal.
If you have questions about any purchasing process contact email@example.com or call 392-1335.