Procurement Tip of The Month – All About Change Orders
To request a change to a Purchase Order, complete the Change Order Request form in myUF Market. For help with completing the Change Order Request form, review the instruction guide Submitting a Change Request in myUF Market.
Change orders can be created for the following reasons:
What cannot be changed:
- Vendor, business unit, or ChartField (including account code, department id, flex code, project number, etc.) cannot be changed.
- PO lines or distribution lines cannot be added.
- A PO cannot be canceled if it has been vouchered against (finalize and budget check the last voucher; contact email@example.com for help with the voucher finalization process.)
- POs to internal vendors (Facilities Services and UFIT) cannot be changed or canceled. These POs provide ChartField information to the internal vendor, but do not encumber funds and a PO is not generated in myUFL.
Other helpful hints:
- Put the PO number in the cart name when completing a Change Order. This will allow you to search for the Change Order by PO number later.
- If you need to close multiple POs, use the PO Excel Template for Closing Multiple POs to list the POs and submit the template to firstname.lastname@example.org
- For more information, see https://procurement.ufl.edu/uf-departments/frequently-asked-questions/#po