Procurement Tip of the Month – Vendor Insurance Requirements
Vendors providing services on UF property and/or in UF buildings must be properly insured. The approval of requisitions to vendors providing services may be delayed if the vendor does not have current insurance on file at UF Procurement that meets UF’s requirements.
In order to assist Shoppers and Requestors in determining if a vendor has insurance on file, Procurement posts a list of vendors with valid insurance on Procurement’s webpage. This list is updated weekly and can be found by following the navigation below:
- On the right-hand menu click on the link “Insurance Requirements”
- Click the link “Vendors with Valid Insurance”
If a vendor is not on the list of vendors with valid insurance, below are UF’s general insurance requirements including policies, limits and certificate holder information. Proof of the following policies and limits will be required prior to PO issuance in myUF Market. Please ask the insured to email a copy of the Certificate of Insurance to email@example.com with the following:
- Commercial General Liability Insurance with liability limits of at least $500,000 per occurrence. University of Florida Board of Trustees must be listed as an additional insured on the policy.
- Automobile Liability Insurance with liability limits of at least $500,000 per occurrence on all vehicles used to carry out the contract. University of Florida Board of Trustees must be listed as an additional insured on the policy.
- Worker’s Compensation Insurance as required by Chapter 440, Florida Statutes.
- Certificate Holder: University of Florida Board of Trustees, Procurement Services, PO Box 115250, Gainesville, FL, 32611.
Please note, policy and limit requirements may be different for vendors providing services related to construction/renovations, hazardous waste abatements, aviation, marine, and professional consulting.
Any questions regarding insurance requirements may be directed to Procurement at firstname.lastname@example.org.