If you have any questions concerning these procedures and deadlines, contact us at email@example.com or call (352) 392-1331.
Updated for FY2021 – End of Fiscal Year Procurement Deadlines for Campus
For more information about year end processes, please refer to the Fiscal Year End Schedule and Resources website from Finance and Accounting.
Friday, May 7, 2021 – Orders above $75,000 on appropriated funds that require competitive bidding should be submitted by this date to ensure that FY21 funds are encumbered. A sealed bid/solicitation requires at least 30-45 days to specify, advertise, open, evaluate, award and post, before a purchase order can be issued.
Friday May 14, 2021 – Purchase Order Reconciliation process will close and budget check POs in myUFL/PeopleSoft if the PO has not been used in change requests or vouchers since 6/30/2020. Requests to keep POs on the list below open should be submitted by noon on Thursday, May 13, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Here is the List of Purchase Orders That Will Be Closed May 14 2021 by the PO Reconciliation Process. You can find your POs by filtering by PO Business Unit, for example 6440.
Friday, June 18, 2021 – All appropriated fund requisitions and change orders for FY21 must be entered into myUF Marketplace by this date to ensure POs are encumbered against FY21 appropriated funds. For FY21, requisitions and change orders on appropriated funds after this date, contact Procurement Services to coordinate any requests to encumber appropriated funds.
Friday June 18, 2021 – Last day to submit change requests in myUF Marketplace that cancel lines on a FY21 PO or close FY21 POs. Closing POs occurs for POs that have been vouchered against. Please use this instruction guide for Closing POs and Releasing Encumbrances.
Cancelling POs are only for POs where a voucher has not been input. Please use this instruction guide to cancel lines on a PO.
Saturday, June 26, 2021 – The PO rollover process will be initiated to roll Dispatched and Valid POs with a balance to FY22. The PO number will not change from the existing FY21 number. FY21 PO distribution lines will be cancelled and a new distribution line will be generated for the same amount and classified as FY22 CYFWD (101-109 & 57X) or CRRNT (191, 196, & 221-222).
Tuesday, June 29, 2021 – The FY21 budget equal to the amount of POs/TAs not cancelled or finalized will be provided to the Budget Office for transfer to the FY22 budget (CYFWD or CRRNT, as applicable).
Outstanding Encumbrance Summary Report
Departments will be required to run this report and perform the below tasks for all outstanding POs and TAs. The Outstanding Encumbrance Summary report for open POs and TAs is available in Enterprise Reporting and can be found by navigating to the following:
Enterprise Analytics >Department Reports > Select Department > Open Encumbrance Report (current period)
Appropriation Funds (101-109, 191, 196, 221-222). The following process should be followed:
1. POs no longer needed – Complete, cancel or fully finalize per the above instructions.
2. All amount only blanket POs must be completed or fully finalized.
3. Any POs with a remaining FY21 balance and that are not completed/cancelled by Procurement Services or finalized by the department will be carried forward.
The following FY21 encumbrances are authorized to be carried forward:
* Established POs to outside vendors for the purchase of goods, but no amount, only blanket POs.
* An estimated amount to allow for the payment of June services for service PO’s.
Cash Based and the 201/209 Funds
The cumulative budget feature of these funds will allow for POs to remain open across fiscal years. Although all POs funded by cash and budget based funds will remain open, departments should use this opportunity to clean up any POs no longer needed. Amount Only PO’s on any fund should not remain open for more than one year. Close or Cancel POs per the instructions above.
Because of timing issues with vendors submitting procurement card transactions to their bank, it is not possible to determine the exact date a transaction will be sent to UF by our bank and loaded into the PCard module.
Wednesday, June 23, 2021 – Last day to approve PCard transactions on FY21 funds. Departments may continue to use the UF procurement cards and approve charges through the end of the fiscal year; however, all transactions received or approved as of 6/24/2021 or after, will be applied against FY22 funds.
Purchase Orders on APPROP and STUGOV ledger groups will be relieved from the 2021 budgets over the weekend in the first step of carrying these purchase orders into fiscal year 2022. On the Budget Details screen this results in the appearance of having no funds encumbered. However, the purchase orders will actually be in an intermediate step in the rollover process.
PO Rollover Process
The relief of prior year encumbrances in order to re-establish carry forward encumbrances is a normal and anticipated process of PO Rollover and is not cause for concern. No action is required on the part of departmental fiscal staff.
Once the 2022 budget is established and becomes available, encumbrances will show on the Budget Details screen in the new budget period and reference. Purchase order numbers and PO line numbers will not change and will be available on carry forward budget when vouchering returns to campus. New distribution lines will be created on POs that ended with a valid budget on the funds identified in the year end memo. These new distributions will indicate the CRNNT or CYFWD balance as appropriate by fund.
PO ROLLOVER QUICK FACTS
- POs are always visible under Procurement > Purchase Orders > Review PO Information > Purchase Orders.
- No action is required on the part of departments to carryforward POs from last year.
- No requisitions may be submitted on appropriated funds until July 7, 2021 (Funds 101-113, 121-122, 126, 132, 191, 192, 196, 221 & 222.) Please save any requisitions as draft carts for placing orders on these funds until the FY2022 budget is available.
- If you have questions or concerns, please email email@example.com or call 392-1331.
- Amount only purchase orders for goods should include a description of the items that will be bought, have the date range the PO is effective (usually the fiscal year period) and authorized users in the description. For a quick refresher about amount-only requisitions, please see https://procurement.ufl.edu/uf-departments/frequently-asked-questions/.
- Requisitions for goods and services should have a specific description describing the purchase to the vendor. Remember that the requisition title is for you but the description is for the vendor so it should include everything they need to fill your order. Goods requisitions should include the make and model number for goods. Service descriptions should include the rate of service, the beginning and end dates of the service, and specific deliverables.
- Remember the importance of distributing by amount or quantity – this impacts the vouchering process. If you don’t remember, consider attending the Introduction to Procurement training online to get the most up to date information about creating requisitions in myUF Marketplace. To find available sessions, navigate to My Self Service > Training and Development in the portal.
If you have questions about any purchasing process contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 392-1331.